Pickled Jalapeños are so easy to make! I love adding these to any meals needing a little extra "kick". Pickled jalapeños are great on sandwiches, salads and soups. Dependent on the "heat" of the jalapeños, you can add additional spices or types of peppers to the pickling brine.
Try out the pickled jalapeños on Vegan "Pork" Lettuce Wraps! Yummy!Print
This is a basic recipe for pickling jalapeños - delicious as is!
- 10 jalapeños
- 2 whole garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup can sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Divide the jalapeños into 2 equal batches. Place them in 2 - 16 ounce glass jars with a garlic clove in each.
- In a small saucepan, add the vinegar, water, sugar, and salt. Heat over low heat, stirring occasionally until sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes. Pour the brine over the jalapeños.
- Set aside and let cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
Adjust the amount of sugar used for more or less heat. The longer they sit in the refrigerator, the milder they become.
Keywords: pickled jalapeños