Gazpacho is a summer favorite for many, especially me! I agree that the traditional version with tomatoes is delicious but add in some watermelon to Spicy Watermelon Gazpacho and ooh mama, now that's delicious! I love the blend of flavors in this refreshing, cold summer soup. And you can control the "spicy heat" of the soup with the type of peppers you use and the amount. My family tends to like things spicy so I always "bring on the heat" with lots of jalapeño! Spicy Watermelon Gazpacho with Jalapeño also gets a unique flavor from the blend of mint and basil. Add in all the other ingredients and you have a perfect "make ahead" cold summer soup to enjoy as a summer appetizer or to bring along to a barbecue. Just fill a mason jar, wrap it with a bow and you have the perfect summer hostess gift!
Making gazpacho doesn't get much easier than this:
- Prep the ingredients.
- Separate a small amount for the toppings.
- Pulse the rest of the ingredients in a food processor or blender on low speed.
- Stir in fresh lime, apple cider vinegar, and olive oil.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or more.
- Pour in separate bowls with toppings.
- Ready to serve and enjoy Spicy Watermelon Gazpacho!
Are WATERMELON RINDS edible?
For so many years, I have been throwing away the watermelon rinds. I bet you have been also! But since I strive to be zero-waste in my kitchen, I've recently learned there are so many ways to use the rinds. Stay tuned for recipes to follow soon and subscribe for my updates!
Looking for other ways to use watermelon, try some of these recipes:
- Yellow Watermelon Salsa with Tomatillo by Chef Cindy
- Watermelon, Fennel & Feta Salad by Chef Cindy
- Watermelon Juice by Cookie + Kate
- Spicy Watermelon Salad by Nyssa's Kitchen
This easy Spicy Watermelon Gazpacho with Jalapeño Recipe is a refreshing, cold summer soup where you can "bring on the heat" with lots of jalapeño!
*4 cups red watermelon, cut into large chunks
*1 seedless cucumber, cut in large chunks
*1 large tomato, diced
*1 red pepper, diced
1 shallot, diced
1 garlic clove, minced
*1 handful fresh basil
*1 handful fresh mint
1/2 - 1 whole jalapeño, minced
2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 green onions, chopped
1 avocado, cubed
- Prep all of the above ingredients.
- Stir & set aside the * ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Place all of the other ingredients in a food processor: watermelon, cucumber, tomato, red pepper, garlic, basil, mint, salt & pepper, jalapeño.
- Pulse until blended but still chunky.
- Pour into a bowl. Stir in olive oil & apple cider vinegar. Adjust salt & pepper to taste. Refrigerate until chilled for 1 hour or more.
- Serve in separate bowls, each with toppings added. Enjoy!
*Set aside a small amount these ingredients to be, adding the avocado & green onions to be mixed for gazpacho toppings
**It can be served immediately but I prefer to chill Spicy Watermelon Gazpacho in the refrigerator for 1 hour or more. This also allows the flavors to mesh together a little longer.
Keywords: spicy watermelon gazpacho, watermelon gazpacho, easy gazpacho recipe, gazpacho toppings, spicy cold summer soup