If you love butternut squash, like me, then Maple Roasted Butternut Squash Hummus with Pomegranates & Feta is the perfect seasonal recipe for you. I figured, why not combine butternut squash with another household favorite – hummus! The blend of maple roasted butternut squash with your favorite hummus recipe adds a hint of sweetness that is beyond delicious. Your guests will love the flavor twist on a somewhat popular dip for veggies and chips. The best part is, you can make this a few days ahead of entertaining so less fuss the day of guests arriving.
How to make Maple Roasted Butternut Squash Hummus
Roasted Butternut Squash Hummus requires your typical hummus ingredients with the addition of roasting butternut squash in maple syrup. I also prefer the taste of roasted garlic added to the recipe, which is a no-brainer when roasting the butternut squash. You just pop both on the baking sheet together. They will both be done at the same time.
You would only need to omit the feta cheese or substitute it with plant-based feta if you are vegan.
Add all ingredients (except for the toppings) into a food processor and blend. While food processor is running, drizzle in extra virgin olive oil and water until you achieve your desired creaminess.
Place hummus in a bowl and serve with toppings of pomegranates, feta cheese, and microgreens.
Top it with pine nuts, chopped parsley, and olive oil for a bit of variation!
I WANT MORE SEASONAL RECIPES!
SIGN UP FOR CHEF CINDY’S NEWSLETTER
Roasted Butternut Squash Hummus with Pomegranates & Feta blends maple roasted butternut squash with hummus, adding a hint of sweetness that is beyond delicious. Your guests will love the flavor twist on a popular dip served with veggie or chips.
Roasted Butternut Squash & Garlic
- 1 cup cubed butternut squash
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 head of garlic, roasted
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp coriander
- dash cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup feta cheese (optional)
- ¼ cup pomegranate arils
- 2 tbsp microgreens
- spiced pita chips, crackers, or cut-up veggies
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Coat butternut squash cubes with 1 tablespoon oil, 1 tablespoon maple syrup & 1 teaspoon sea salt. Place on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Place whole garlic in foil, cut top, drizzle with olive oil & place on the baking sheet with squash.
- Roast squash for 20 – 30 minutes, shifting occasionally on the baking sheet so edges do not brown.
- Remove and place butternut squash and 4 – 5garlic cloves in food processor with remaining ingredients except for olive oil and water. Process for a few minutes, stop & stir in edges with a spoon – get all ingredients blended in.
- While the food processor is running, drizzle in olive oil, then water until creamy smooth. You can add as much water as necessary until desired texture.
- Place in a serving bowl and top with feta cheese, pomegranate arils, and microgreens. Serve surround by vegetables and/or crackers.
Note: Butternut Squash refrigerates well for 3 – 4 days and can freeze up to 1 month (although I recommend freshly made).
Keywords: butternut squash hummus. roasted butternut squash, hummus, vegetarian appetizer