Roasted Butternut Squash Hummus with Pomegranates & Feta blends maple roasted butternut squash with hummus, adding a hint of sweetness that is beyond delicious. Your guests will love the flavor twist on a popular dip served with veggie or chips.
Roasted Butternut Squash & Garlic
- 1 cup cubed butternut squash
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 head of garlic, roasted
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- dash cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup feta cheese (optional)
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils
- 2 tbsp microgreens
- spiced pita chips, crackers, or cut-up veggies
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Coat butternut squash cubes with 1 tbsp oil, 1 tbsp maple syrup & 1 tsp sea salt. Place on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Place whole garlic in foil, cut top, drizzle with olive oil & place on the baking sheet with squash.
- Roast squash for 20 – 30 minutes, shifting occasionally on the baking sheet so edges do not brown.
- Remove and place butternut squash and 4 – 5garlic cloves in food processor with remaining ingredients except for olive oil and water. Process for a few minutes, stop & stir in edges with a spoon – get all ingredients blended in.
- While the food processor is running, drizzle in olive oil, then water until creamy smooth. You can add as much water as necessary until desired texture.
- Place in a serving bowl and top with feta cheese, pomegranate arils, and microgreens. Serve surround by vegetables and/or crackers.
Note: Butternut Squash refrigerates well for 3 – 4 days and can freeze up to 1 month (although I recommend freshly made).
Keywords: butternut squash hummus. roasted butternut squash, hummus, vegetarian appetizer