Many an ingredient can go into this recipe, and it did! Gochujang Tofu Veggie Stir-Fry with Vermicelli is one of those recipe creations that comes when you say to yourself, “What can I make for dinner”? Many of these are staple ingredients I recommend to have when stocking your refrigerator and pantry. Besides the base veggies for this recipe, the essential flavoring comes from the Mother-In-Laws Gochujang Fermented Chile Sauce. If that’s all you have on hand, you can make a delicious broth with that alone! Add in all of my extra ingredients, and you will have a perfectly balanced sweet, spicy, umami tofu dinner!
Prep your ingredients beforehand to make cooking smooth and easy!
Cook your veggies. Blend all of the liquid ingredients into the vegetable broth. Pour the broth mixture into the stir-fry. Heat thoroughly and serve over vermicelli, topped with fresh cilantro!
Learning how and why you need to cook more plant-based meals is an eco-friendly task you can take on to help fight climate change. If you’d like to read more about eco-conscious cooking, check out The Mindful Fork!Print
Gochujang Tofu Veggie Stir-Fry with Vermicelli is an easy vegan stir-fry to make for a weekday meal. It’s healthy, delicious, and warming for a fall/winter dinner.
2 Tbsp olive oil
½ red onion, diced
1 package shiitake mushrooms, sliced
2 carrots, sliced diagonally
1 block tofu, pressed & cubed
2 celery stalks or bok choy, sliced
2 cups kale, chopped
2 ½ cups vegetable broth
1 tsp tamari
1 tsp brown rice vinegar
5 drops umeboshi plum vinegar
2 Tbsp Gochujang Fermented Chili Sauce *Garlic, Mother-In-Laws Brand recommended
2 Tbsp Mirin Rice Cooking Wine
2 green onions, chopped
5 drops toasted sesame oil
3 Instant Whole Grain Rice Vermicelli Portions
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- Prep all ingredients. Heat water in a separate pot for vermicelli.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick pan. Add onion and shiitake, cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add carrots and cook for another 5 minutes. Gently stir in tofu, celery, bok choy, and kale. Add broth mixture and simmer until ingredients are tender.
- Add greens onion and sesame oil. Heat thoroughly.
- Cook vermicelli according to directions.
- Serve individually in bowls – vermicelli covered with tofu mixture and juices and topped with cilantro.
Keywords: korean tofu gochujang, gochujang stir fry vegetables