This easy Spicy Watermelon Gazpacho with Jalapeño Recipe is a refreshing, cold summer soup where you can "bring on the heat" with lots of jalapeño!
*4 cups red watermelon, cut into large chunks
*1 seedless cucumber, cut in large chunks
*1 large tomato, diced
*1 red pepper, diced
1 shallot, diced
1 garlic clove, minced
*1 handful fresh basil
*1 handful fresh mint
1/2 - 1 whole jalapeño, minced
2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 green onions, chopped
1 avocado, cubed
- Prep all of the above ingredients.
- Stir & set aside the * ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Place all of the other ingredients in a food processor: watermelon, cucumber, tomato, red pepper, garlic, basil, mint, salt & pepper, jalapeño.
- Pulse until blended but still chunky.
- Pour into a bowl. Stir in olive oil & apple cider vinegar. Adjust salt & pepper to taste. Refrigerate until chilled for 1 hour or more.
- Serve in separate bowls, each with toppings added. Enjoy!
*Set aside a small amount these ingredients to be, adding the avocado & green onions to be mixed for gazpacho toppings
**It can be served immediately but I prefer to chill Spicy Watermelon Gazpacho in the refrigerator for 1 hour or more. This also allows the flavors to mesh together a little longer.
Keywords: spicy watermelon gazpacho, watermelon gazpacho, easy gazpacho recipe, gazpacho toppings, spicy cold summer soup