I don't have much of a sweet tooth but give me a vegan dessert like Lemon Chia Pudding and I will gobble it down! It is refreshing, healthy and super easy to make - my kind of dessert!! Lemon Chia Pudding is also great for breakfast or for a late afternoon snack. So make a big batch of this vegan pudding, and you will hope for leftovers!
Just a few more suggestions for the toppings:
- kiwi, blackberries, raspberries, ...
- pecans, almonds, hemp seeds, flax seeds, ...
- coconut flakes, carob chips, granola, ...
What makes chia pudding so healthy?
Chia seeds may be small in size but they are full of important nutrients. They are an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, rich in antioxidants, and they provide fiber, iron, and calcium. Chia pudding is a creamy, satisfying breakfast, snack or dessert that can be topped with fruits and nuts.
Chia seeds are also great to add to smoothies, yogurt, and breakfast cereals. The recommended allowance is up to 20 grams (about 1.5 tablespoons) of chia seeds, twice per day. Since it is high in fiber, too much can cause bloating, constipation, gas, abdominal pain and diarrhea - moderation a must!
Some say chia seeds curb your appetite and may promote weight loss. As with any foods that are high in fiber, they tend to keep you full longer which may help you from overeating. My thoughts, if it's healthy and you enjoy eating it, then give it a try!
Best Chia Seed Products – Top 10 Brands Reviewed for 2020
- Nutiva Organic Chia Seed.
- Navitas Naturals Organic Chia Seeds.
- Bob's Red Mill Chia Seeds.
- Terrasoul Superfoods Organic Chia Seeds.
- Spectrum Essentials Chia Seeds.
- Now Foods White Chia Seeds.
- Barleans Organic Oils Organic Chia Seed.
- Garden Of Life Organic Chia Seed.
Lemon Chia Pudding with Berries, Bananas & Nuts Recipe is a healthy vegan chia pudding breakfast, snack or dessert.
1 cup almond milk
1/2 cup non-dairy plain yogurt
4 tablespoons chia seeds
1 medium lemon, zest & juice
3 tablespoon maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 banana, sliced
2 strawberries, sliced
2 tablespoons blueberries
1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond milk, yogurt, chia seeds, lemon zest, lemon juice and maple syrup.
- Divide mixture between serving dishes and place (uncovered) in the refrigerator. Let it sit for at least 15 minutes as it will thicken over time.
- Top with sliced bananas, berries & nuts. Enjoy!
Keywords: chia pudding vegan, chia pudding benefits, chia pudding with yogurt