For all of the chocolate and almond lovers in the world, this is the dessert for you! Almond Torte with Chocolate Nut Butter Icing is a rich, flourless, chocolate & nutty, heavenly delight. Add a drizzle of raspberry coulis on the plate and it is sinfully delicious! What better dessert to serve guests, bring to a dinner party or to share with your loved one on Valentine’s Day!
Tips on making an Almond Torte
I recommend lining the bakeware with parchment paper. Most of the bakeware is make with a mix of materials that I do not want my food touching. Aluminum is my biggest concern, therefore any bakeware (including sheet pans), are always lined in my kitchen. I will share more detail on this in a future post 😉!
I typically use fresh almonds in this recipe but if in a pinch (which I was this time around), you can use almond flour. If you choose to use fresh almonds, blanch first, remove skins, then dry well and powder in food processor.
Note: If you are vegan, you can substitute the eggs with egg replacer, flax seed mix, or whatever your preferred egg substitute is for baking.
Make the raspberry coulis ahead of time so you can cool it in the refrigerator. While the torte is baking, make the icing and clean the raspberries (dry thoroughly). Let the torte cool in the pan a few minutes, detach pan and take off parchment paper. Transfer the torte to a serving plate by placing the plate on top of the cake and flipping it over. Let the pan cool to touch (about 30 min) and start icing.
It is best to pour the icing directly in the middle of the torte and just let it flow naturally down the side of the torte. You can use a spatula or flat side of the knife to help move it along to the edges.
Transfer the raspberry coulis into a pour bottle or measuring cup so that you can pour it onto the plates. Now’s your time to get creative and have fun decorating the plates!
Yay, the photo shoot is done! Time to dig into a piece …so delicious!!Print
Almond Torte with Chocolate Nut Butter Icing and Raspberry Coulis
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 1 8 ½ inch Torte
- Category: Dessert, Gluten-Free
- Method: Bake
Almond Torte with Chocolate Nut Butter Icing is a sweet, moist, chocolate & almond, heavenly delight. Add a drizzle of raspberry coulis on the plate and it is sinfully delicious!
Raspberry Coulis: ½ cup organic cane sugar 3 tablespoons water 12 oz bag of frozen raspberries Almond Torte: 3 cups of almond flour 6 eggs 1 cup maple syrup 1 teaspoons almond extract Chocolate Nut Butter Icing: 1 ¼ cups maple syrup ¾ cup nut butter ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract ¾ cup cocoa, sifted Topping: 1 package fresh raspberries
- Heat the sugar and water in a small sauce pot over medium heat, stirring occasionally until the sugar dissolves completely, about 5 minutes.
- Put the raspberries and sugar water mix in a blender and puree.
- Strain the mix through a fine mesh sieve to remove any of the raspberry seeds. Let cool and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Add to food processor – almond flour, eggs, maple syrup and almond extract. Process until smooth.
- Oil and flour a 8 ½ inch spring form pan. *You can also cover the bottom of the pan with parchment paper for easier removal.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the torte is firm to touch and golden brown.
Chocolate Nut Butter Icing
- In food processor, blend until smooth – maple syrup, almond nut butter and vanilla extract.
Equipment needed: Food processor, 8 ½ inch spring form pan
Keywords: almond torte, flourless, gluten-free dessert, raspberry coulis, almond nut butter icing
Leave a Reply