Almond Torte with Chocolate Nut Butter Icing is a sweet, moist, chocolate & almond, heavenly delight. Add a drizzle of raspberry coulis on the plate and it is sinfully delicious!
Raspberry Coulis: 1/2 cup organic cane sugar 3 tablespoons water 12 oz bag of frozen raspberries Almond Torte: 3 cups of almond flour 6 eggs 1 cup maple syrup 1 teaspoons almond extract Chocolate Nut Butter Icing: 1 1/4 cups maple syrup 3/4 cup nut butter 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract 3/4 cup cocoa, sifted Topping: 1 package fresh raspberries
- Heat the sugar and water in a small sauce pot over medium heat, stirring occasionally until the sugar dissolves completely, about 5 minutes.
- Put the raspberries and sugar water mix in a blender and puree.
- Strain the mix through a fine mesh sieve to remove any of the raspberry seeds. Let cool and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Add to food processor - almond flour, eggs, maple syrup and almond extract. Process until smooth.
- Oil and flour a 8 1/2 inch spring form pan. *You can also cover the bottom of the pan with parchment paper for easier removal.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the torte is firm to touch and golden brown.
Chocolate Nut Butter Icing
- In food processor, blend until smooth - maple syrup, almond nut butter and vanilla extract.
Equipment needed: Food processor, 8 1/2 inch spring form pan
Keywords: almond torte, flourless, gluten-free dessert, raspberry coulis, almond nut butter icing