Tofu Scramble with Swiss Chard & Picked Red Onions is a great VEGAN breakfast alternative to scrambled eggs. Add in some immune boosting turmeric for great flavor and bright yellow color also!
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 garlic clove
6–8 Swiss chard leaves, chopped
1/2 block tofu, pressed and mashed *
1 teaspoon turmeric
salt & pepper to taste
pickled red onions (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick sauté pan. Add onion and cook until translucent – about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, Swiss chard and cook until chard has wilted, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add tofu, turmeric, salt & pepper and heat through thoroughly.
- Plate and serve topped with pickled red onions and/or avocado toast. Delish!
*I recommended pressing tofu before using it in a sauté – it takes the moisture out of the tofu and makes it crumble better. You can use a potato masher to mash the tofu or just simply a fork.
Hint: Press the tofu while you are prepping & cooking the other ingredients!
- Serving Size: Small plate
- Calories: 137
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 786.7 mg
- Fat: 8.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 10.1 g
- Protein: 7.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: tofu scramble seasoning, vegan breakfast with protein, basic tofu scramble