Savory Breakfast Toast Trio is a variety of sweet potato & avocado mashes mixed with herbs on fresh toast. It makes a delicious breakfast or brunch treat.
1 large white sweet potato
1 small purple sweet potato
2 large carrots
1 large avocado
1 watermelon radish
1 bunch chives
1 bunch cilantro
salt & pepper
3– 6 slices of bread
- Peel, slice and steam the potatoes & carrots.
- Set aside the purple potato to cut into cubes for topping. Mash the carrots and white potatoes. Place in covered bowl to refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning, add desired amount of: chives to white sweet potatoes and fresh cilantro & lime to avocado. Season the carrot mash, sweet potato mash and avocado mash with salt & pepper. Get creative here with any additional dried seasonings you’re in the mood for (garlic powder, red pepper chili flakes, cilantro, turmeric, cumin, coriander).
- Rinse & dry thoroughly microgreens, cilantro and chives. Peel & thinly slice watermelon radish. Cube purple sweet potato.
- Slice and toast your favorite bread.
- Spread the 3 different mashes on each slice of bread. Top sweet potato mash with chives and cubed purple sweet potatoes, steamed carrots with microgreens and avocado with fresh cilantro and watermelon radish slices.
- Step 1: I recommend using a Steamer Insert or Instant Pot. Cut potatoes & carrots into lengthwise strips so they cook faster
- Potato variety used: White – Boniato or Hannahs which have a lightly sweet flavor & dry texture; Purple – Purple Sweet potatoes have a mildly sweet flavor & firm texture (*always buy local & organic if given a choice)
- Leftovers can be refrigerated and used within 4 days
Keywords: toast recipes, savory toast recipes, healthy toast toppings, toast ideas for breakfast