Roasted Cauliflower Steak with Shiitake Mushrooms and Pine Nuts is a hearty plant-based meal that will satisfy your savory taste buds!
1 head of cauliflower olive oil spray 1 tbsp dry thyme 1 package of shiitake mushrooms, sliced thinly. 2 cups of broccoli florets, cut into bite size pieces 3 tbsp pine nuts 6 sprigs of fresh thyme Pesto Sauce: 4 cups basil leaves 1/2 cup olive oil 2 garlic cloves 1/4 cup parmesan cheese ** 1/3 cup pine nuts 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Clean cauliflower and slice into 1/4 inch sections from the top of the head down.
- Place separated on a parchment lined baking sheet. Spray with olive oil and season with salt & pepper and thyme. Turn and repeat on other side.
- On a separate parchment lined baking sheet, roast the shiitake mushrooms. Place on a separate rack in the oven along with the cauliflower.
- Bake for 15 -20 minutes, flipping the cauliflower over once and moving the shiitakes around to cook evenly.
- Cut the broccoli into bite sized pieces and steam until tender in a double boiler. Place aside and keep warm in a covered dish.
- Toast the pine nuts, in a separate pan, for approximately 5 min on low heat.
- Prepare the Pesto Sauce: Place all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until well blended.
- Heat the sauce in a small pot.
- Plate the cauliflower first, then add the broccoli and shiitake. Drizzle with the pesto and top with some pine nuts and a sprig of thyme.
* Broccoli can be roasted alongside the cauliflower if wanted. ** If vegan, use 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
Keywords: Roasted Cauliflower Steak, Plant-based Meal