Roasted Butternut Squash & Quinoa Salad Recipe is a “” of energy boosting nutrition combining butternut squash, quinoa, micro-greens, cranberries and avocado! Perfect for a cold fall quinoa salad for lunch or a warm winter grain salad for dinner!
2 cups of roasted butternut squash (*see recipe link in the instructions)
2 cups of vegetable broth
1 cup quinoa
1/4 cup cranberries
1 – 2 avocados
1/4 cup microgreens
- Prepare the roasted butternut squash.
- Combine vegetable broth and quinoa in a medium size pot. Heat to a boil, then simmer, covered, until the germ has spiraled out from the grain, approximately 15 minutes. Option: Toast the quinoa in a skillet, on low heat, before adding it to the pot. This gives an added roasted flavor to the grain.
- Cut the avocado into cubes.
- Plate the salad – quinoa as a base, then sections of cranberries, butternut squash, avocado and then topped with microgreens.
* If serving cold, you can prepare the quinoa and butternut squash ahead of time and refrigerate. Plate when ready to serve.
Keywords: roasted butternut squash salad, fall quinoa salad, winter grain salad, vegan, vegetarian