Celery Root, Carrot & Broccoli Slaw with Avocado Dressing taste like spring is here even when it’s not! Enjoy crispy raw vegetables blended with a creamy and delicious avocado dressing.
- 1/2 cup celery root, (approx. 1/2 – 1 celery root)
- 1/2 cup carrots, shredded, (approx. 3 carrots)
- 1/4 cup broccoli stem, shredded, (1 stem)
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
1 garlic clove
1 small shallot
6 mint leaves (+ extra for garnish)
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
6 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup water
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 tbsp poppy seeds
- Use a food processor with the shredding blade attached to prep the slaw ingredients.
- Clean the food processor and attach the knife blade. Place all dressing ingredients in the food processor except the oil and water. Process until somewhat smooth and slowly add vinegar, oil, and enough water for a creamy consistency.
- Blend the avocado dressing with the slaw ingredients. Stir in poppy seeds.
- Serve with a sprinkling of poppy seeds and chopped mint.
Tip: For a lighter version of this recipe (without avocado dressing), add a 3:1 vinaigrette ratio – 3 parts extra virgin olive oil & 1 part apple cider vinegar.
Keywords: slaw salad, celeriac, celery root recipe