Cauliflower Gnocchi with Seasonal Peas & Greens - quick & easy mid-week meal made with organic seasonal vegetables and store-bought cauliflower gnocchi. Simply delicious!
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
5 Shiitake mushrooms
1/2 large onion, diced
1 large zucchini, quartered and sliced
1 cup fresh peas, cooked
2 cups greens (kale, chard or spinach), chopped
1 package Cauliflower Gnocchi
2 tablespoons, pesto
1 cup vegetable broth
handful basil leaves, chopped
salt & pepper to taste
- Prep mushrooms, onions, garlic & zucchini. Cook peas in a separate pot of salted water.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a pan for 30 seconds. Add Shiitake mushrooms and brown for 5 minutes.
- Stir in onions & garlic and cook for 5 minutes. Add zucchini.
- Cook until vegetables are tender. Remove from pan and set aside in a covered bowl.
- In the same pan, add 1 Tablespoon olive oil and cauliflower gnocchi. Cook until the gnocchi browns lightly.
- Stir in vegetables, pesto, and broth. Heat thoroughly—season with additional salt & pepper.
- Plate and top with fresh basil.
Optional: Top with freshly grated parmesan cheese (plant-based is great also!)
Keywords: cauliflower gnocchi - whole foods, seasonal, spring dinner, summer recipe, quick & easy meal