Vegan Breakfast Muffins are a great treat for breakfast, snacks, and even dessert. Apple Matcha Tea Muffins are made extra healthy with the addition of matcha green tea powder.
1/2 cup walnuts (and pistachios), chopped
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons coconut oil
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
3 1/4 teaspoons matcha green tea powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cup almond milk
3 tablespoons coconut oil
1 apple, cored and cubed (small)
cooking oil spray
12 muffin liners
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Prepare the topping: Mix chopped walnuts with 1/4 cup brown sugar and 2 tablespoons coconut oil. Set aside.
- Whisk the dry ingredients in a bowl: flour, 1/4 cup brown sugar, baking powder, matcha tea, salt.
- Stir in almond milk and 3 tablespoons applesauce.
- Add apple cubes and fold in gently.
- Using a large ice cream scooper, pour the muffin mixture into greased and lined muffin tins.
- Spoon a small amount of topping on each muffin.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove muffins and place them on a cooling rack.
- Use applesauce 1:1 instead of oil.
- Substitute a gluten-free flour blend: 1 cup white rice flour, 1/2 cup millet flour, 1/2 cup tapioca flour.
Keywords: vegan breakfast muffins, vegan matcha tea muffins, vegan muffins