Vegan collard green wraps stuffed with hummus, peppers, carrots, cucumbers and microgreens
1/2 large carrot
1/2 medium seedless cucumber
1/2 red pepper
1/2 yellow pepper
1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 cup microgreens
4 collard green leaves
4 tbsp hummus
- Rinse, peel & cut the carrot and cucumber into thin strips.
- Clean, half & seed the peppers. Cut into thin strips.
- Rinse & dry cilantro and microgreens. Chop cilantro.
- Trim the stem and spine of the collard green leaves.
- Bring a quart of salted water to a boil and lower flame. Submerge the leaves (one at a time) into the simmering water for 20-30 seconds. Place the collard greens in a clean dish cloth (or between 2 paper towels) and pat dry gently and completely.
- Measure hummus into a small bowl. Place all the ingredients on a cutting board. You are now ready to wrap!
- Lay out collard green with de-stemmed section overlapping each other (with no openings). Stack in order – hummus, carrots, cucumbers, peppers, microgreens & cilantro. Now start rolling tightly and tuck in the sides to close the end openings.
- Either slice in half or eat whole. Enjoy!
Collard green wraps hold very well for a packed lunch kept cool!
Keywords: collard green wrap