Vegan Cheddar Cheese Recipe is a healthy alternative to milk based cheddar cheese. It is delicious to use in soups, sandwiches and salads.
1 1/2 cups almonds, soaked overnight
4 cups water
6 tablespoons agar flakes
6 tablespoons arrowroot
3 tablespoons chickpea flour
1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
1/4 cup neutral oil (canola)
1 tablespoon brown rice vinegar
2 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Strain and rinse soaked almonds. Place in a high speed blender with 4 cups water and process for 90 seconds.
- Pour thru a nut milk bag into a measure cup to remove pulp. Set aside pulp for other uses.
- In a medium pot, add 2 cups almond milk and agar. Bring to a boil, reduce and cook for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine dry ingredients (arrowroot, flour, nutritional yeast, salt, garlic powder) in a medium bowl. In a measuring cup mix 1 cup almond milk, oil and vinegar and whisk into the dry ingredients.
- Add starch blend to the agar mixture and cook on low heat for 3 - 5 minutes until it has thickened. Poor into silicone molds (or scoop) and refrigerate for 30 minutes until firm.
Keywords: vegan cheese recipe