Spinach salad with roasted shiitake mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, slices of radishes & salad turnips and topped with a drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar
2– 3 cups of spinach leaves
3.5 oz of shiitake mushrooms
4 red radishes
4 Japanese salad turnips
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
2 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Place spinach leaves in a salad spinner to clean. Loose (not packaged) spinach leaves can be very dirty so it may take 3 cycles of cleaning in the salad spinner.
- Cut the dirty stems off the shiitake mushrooms & wipe clean with a damp paper towel, if needed. Slice them crosswise as thin as possible.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with 2 tbsp of olive oil and sprinkle with 1 tsp or more of sea salt.
- Roast at 375 for approximately 20 min or until crispy.
- While roasting, slice the radishes and turnips into a matchstick cut.
- Clean the tomatoes and slice each in half.
- Plate the spinach and top with radishes, turnips, tomatoes and top with roasted mushrooms.
- Finish off with freshly ground pepper and a drizzle of olive oil & balsamic vinegar, to taste.
Optional add on ingredients: onions (red onions or shallots), cheese (goat or asiago).
Note: Japanese salad turnips aren’t always available so you can use more radishes or try kohlrabi for a little crunch!
Keywords: vegan spinach salad