This is an easy & delicious Roasted Potato & Green Bean Salad that is vegetarian/vegan.
2 lbs red potatoes, cleaned and cut into bite size pieces
1 yellow onion, sliced thin
3 garlic cloves, roasted
3/4 lb green beans, cleaned, trimmed & steamed
1 yellow pepper
1 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tbsp champagne vinegar
1 tbsp german mustard
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Prepare the green beans.
- Place the potatoes and garlic on a parchment lined baking sheet and roast for 20 - 30 min until golden brown.
- Clean, trim and dice the yellow pepper.
- Prepare the dressing by mixing the mustard & vinegar together. Drizzle & stir in the olive oil to emulsify. Add in roasted & mashed garlic.
- Stir together gently the potatoes & onions, green beans, peppers, dressing and basil.
- Put in a bowl and serve.
* Vegetarian option is to add crumbled feta cheese - place on the side for individuals to add
** Vegan option is to add garbanzo or black beans at step 5
Note: This is a great make ahead salad because it sits well for hours