Black Bean Quinoa Burger Recipe is super easy to make, economical, few ingredients and full of flavor. Great to make in large batches and freeze for future use also.
2 cups cooked quinoa
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 oz shiitake mushrooms, chopped
1/2 cup onion, diced small
8 grape tomatoes, quartered
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 15 ounce can black beans
1 egg equivalent with egg replacer (vegan) or 1 egg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 lime, juiced
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
2 tablespoons coconut oil
micro-greens or chopped kale
1 roasted red peppers, diced
hot pepper sauce *optional
6 burger buns
- Cook quinoa according to directions. Prep all ingredients.
- Heat 1 tablespoons coconut oil (med-low) in a fry pan and add shiitake mushrooms. In 5 minutes, add onions & garlic. Add tomato when onions are softened and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Place 2 cups quinoa in a medium bowl and mix in the sauté ingredients. Strain beans & rinse. Mash with a fork and then add to the bowl. Blend in egg, salt, and parsley.
- When thoroughly blended, form 6 patties and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Heat 2 tablespoons coconut oil in a non-stick pan, and fry the patties approximately 7 minutes per side or bake at 375° for 20 minutes.
- Prepare avocado mixture - halve, scoop, mash and blend in cilantro, lime and salt.
- Place burgers on a bun and top with avocado mixture, micro-greens, diced roasted red pepper. Optional: hot sauce.
*I recommended using an ice cream scooper to measure out the patties so they are evenly sized - 2 large scoops per patty
Keywords: black bean quinoa burger, quinoa black bean burger gluten-free, vegan black bean burger recipe