This is an incredibly easy one pan sauté that is defined by its unique and flavorful ingredients – vegan sausage, romanesco and mung bean pasta!
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 head of Romanesco Broccoli, separated into bite size pieces
1 package No-Evil “The Stallion” Italian sausage (Vegan)
26 oz container chopped tomatoes
8 oz Mung Bean Fusilli (Gluten-Free)
2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- Heat a pot of water for the pasta and cook according to directions.
- Prepare the ingredients for the sauté. Remove outer casing from the sausages and slice crosswise or on a diagonal.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a heated non-stick pan. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic and sliced sausages and cook until heated thru approximately 6 minutes.
- Add the romanesco brocolli. Cover and cook for an additional 5 – 7 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes and cook until flavors are blended. Add salt to taste.
- Separate the pasta into bowls, spoon in the sauté mixture and top with chopped basil.
Keywords: vegan sausage recipes, mung bean pasta, romanesco broccoli