My Easy Mashed Rutabaga Recipe is the perfect seasonal side dish for any winter meal. You’ll enjoy the earthy, smoky and buttery flavor.
34 ounces rutabaga, 1 1/2 large large cubed
2 tbsp vegan butter
1 tsp Maldon Smoked Sea Salt
1 tbsp chives, chopped
- Scrub, peel, slice, and cube the rutabaga into chunks. Tip: large chunks are easier to cut, but small chunks will cook quicker.
- Place in a medium-size pot, cover with water and 1/2 tsp salt. Cook on medium heat for 20-30 minutes until fork tender.
- Strain the water from the pot using the lid. Add vegan butter and hand-mash the rutabaga directly in the pot.
- Stir in the smoked sea salt, adding extra to your taste buds.
- Heat in the pot until the desired temperature. Stir in half the chives and top with remaining to serve.
Options: If you want creamier mashed rutabaga, add in 1/2 cup oat milk.
Keywords: easy mashed rutabaga