Green Bean Salad with Pickled Onions & Jalapeño Mustard Dressing is a delicious salad to make especially when entertaining. You can make this hours ahead of time and it will be just as delicious if not more! The colors of the salad make for a beautiful accent to your dinner table.
Pickled Red Onions
4 cups green beans
1 cup sun gold tomatoes (or cherry tomatoes)
1/2 yellow pepper
1/2 red pepper
Jalapeño Mustard Dressing:
2 tablespoons vinegar
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons chives, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped fine
1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon chopped jalapeño
4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Prepare the Pickled Red Onions (1 hour before or overnight)
- Trim the ends off the green beans and cut into bite size pieces. Rinse and place in a heated double boiler until tender crisp (approximately 5-7 minutes)
- While cooking set up a cold water bath for the greens beans. When beans are done, immediately plunge the beans in the cold water (so they stop cooking). Let sit for a few minutes, them strain (pick out the ice cubes if any). Pat dry the beans and place in a serving bowl.
- Clean & cut the tomatoes in half. Seed & dice the peppers. Place aside.
- In a measuring cup, add the vinegar, mustard, salt , chives, garlic and jalapeno. Whisk in the extra virgin olive oil.
- Plate all the ingredients (as pictured) and drizzle the dressing over it.
- Toss before serving.
Keywords: Vegan, Vegetarian,