Shaved Fennel & Citrus Salad with Meyer Lemon Dressing is a winter celebration in a bowl! These seasonal ingredients blend well together in this refreshing winter salad.
2 fennel bulbs, halved and cored (approximately 4 cups)
2 oranges (choose from any seasonal variety)
1/4 cup olive oil
1 Meyer lemon zested & juiced (2 tbsp)
1 tsp liquid sweetener (maple syrup)
1/4 tsp salt
freshly ground black pepper
Optional: 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley (basil, mint, or cilantro)
- Thinly slice the fennel bulbs – using a mandoline slicer will give the best results (reserve 2 tbsp fennel fronds).
- Peel the orange, separate segments, and slice it into bite-sized pieces. (Tip: supreme the orange for best results).
- Use a Microplane to zest the lemon and then juice (2 tbsp).
- Whisk the salad ingredients (oil, zest, juice, salt & herbs) together or combine in a covered glass jar & shake.
- Add the fennel, oranges, fronds to a bowl and blend with the desired amount of dressing on top.
- Serve topped with a hint of freshly ground black pepper and fennel fronds.
Equipment recommendations: Mandoline Slicer and Microplane
Keywords: fennel & orange salad, shaved fennel salad, citrus salad, meyer lemon dressing recipe