“Nomato” Carrot Beet Pasta Sauce differs in flavor from red tomato sauce but has a similar texture to marinara sauce. You’ll especially enjoy this flavorful sauce with a hint of cheesy taste from nutritional yeast. Tastes great on most tomato-based sauce recipes!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, 1 cup diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 4 celery rib, 1 1/2 cups chopped
- 5 carrots, 5 cups chopped
- 1 beet, 1 1/2 cup chopped (or less)
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 lemon juiced, 2 tbsp
- fresh pepper
- fresh basil leaves, 1 tbsp chopped
- Select the sauté button (cooktop – heat a medium saucepot) if using an Instant Pot. Add olive oil.
- Sauté onions for 5 minutes. Add garlic, celery, carrots, beets, and spices. Cook for additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add water, the cover, and cook under pressure, setting for 15 minutes using the + button to very time (cooktop – 30 minutes). Heat water for pasta.
- When done, carefully release steam. Once depressurized, uncover and let cool a few minutes (cooktop – remove pot cover). Using a ladle, spoon in 2 batches to a Vitamix Blender. Start on low speed and increase speed gradually. Process until desired texture, adding more water for a thinner consistency. Pour into a small pot between each batch.
- Reheat and stir in nutritional yeast, lemon juice, and a few grinds of fresh pepper. Adjust seasonings, if necessary. Cook pasta according to directions.
- Pour on top of cooked pasta. Top with chopped fresh basil and serve.
Keywords: nomato sauce, carrot beet sauce