Brioche French Toast covered with Caramelized Bananas
1 loaf Brioche Bread
1 tsp vanilla
4 tbsp butter
3 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp sea salt
- Cut bread into thick slices - approximately 1/2" each.
- Crack eggs individually into a large bowl. Add vanilla and whisk until fully blended.
- Cut 1/2 " slices of bananas and set aside.
- Heat a cast iron griddle and grease with 1/2 tbsp of butter.
- Carefully dip both sides of bread into egg mixture using tongs so the bread doesn't break apart. Place on heated griddle.
- When golden brown, flip with a spatula and cook the other side. Remove when both sides are golden brow. Keep warm in a covered dish or on warm setting in the oven, uncovered.
- Put another slab of butter on the griddle and continue cooking until all pieces are done. Meanwhile start preparing the bananas.
- In a non stick pan over a low flame, add 2 tbsp of butter. When melted, add the bananas and gently flip & move slices around with a spatula to assure both sides are browned. Add in syrup and sprinkle with cinnamon & sea salt.
- Plate slices of french toast covered with caramelized bananas and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Keywords: Breakfast, Brunch, French Toast